Do you have to move on short notice and you don`t know how you will make it? Do not worry, with the right organization you can pack all of your belongings in no time. You can pack for a move in a weekend if you have a smaller apartment easily. And on the other hand, if you have a bigger house, you can use the packing services NJ and again finish the job on time. We will now show you all the tips and tricks for packing on short notice, as many people have done it successfully.
Make a to-do list before you pack for a move in a weekend
To-do lists are great when both when you have plenty of time on your hands, and when you have little time on your hands. Although you may not want to waste precious time writing a to-do list, note that it is actually a time-saver. Take 20 minutes at the beginning of the weekend, and write all that you have to do in order to complete the packing process. And believe us, you will be so happy after you cross over the last thing from the list. Make sure to put hiring reputable moving companies NJ on the list, if your household is too large.
Declutter your items before you start packing
One of the first things on your to-do list is to declutter. The fewer items you relocate, the lower will be your final moving cost. And, of course, if you get rid of all the items you don`t need, you won`t have to pack them at all. Take several large garbage bags and go through each room of your home. Decide which items will end up in the garbage, and which items are worthy of your new home.
Don`t let your sentiments get in the way of decluttering your home. Just because you like a pair of jeans you wore 5 years ago; does not mean you cannot live without them. The same goes for kitchen appliances, clothes, toys, everything that is old and broken. The best way to pack for a move in a weekend is to pack only the things you actually need.
You have definitely heard of a saying the more, the merrier. Well, in this case, you could say the more people you have on board, the faster you will finish the packing process. A weekend is all that it takes to pack your entire home if you have the right people by your side.
- Call your friends to help you – Gather your closest and most reliable friends for a packing party. Make sure to order pizza and have cold beverages. Give each of your friends a task to complete. For example, one person can pack your clothes, and the other person can pack glassware or electronics. Play your favorite music, and enjoy the packing party.
- Hire professionals – Professionals can pack more than a hundred boxes in a single day. This means that you can finish packing even before the weekend is over. Not only will your moving boxes be perfectly packed, but you will also have insurance. And since you won`t be stressed out, in a hurry, you will avoid moving injuries that are quite common. Moving companies Elizabeth NJ are always at your disposal.
Get the right packing supplies
There is nothing worse when you start to pack for a relocation in a weekend only to realize that you are missing moving boxes and other packing supplies. So, reserve your Friday evening for obtaining the boxes and everything else that you need. In this way, you will be able to start packing early on Saturday morning. Here is what you will need in order to pack properly:
- Moving boxes – They are really the most needed part of packing supplies during the relocation. Think about how many boxes you will need, and in what sizes. You can take small, and medium boxes for heavier items. And only use large moving boxes for lighter items such as linen, clothes, and pillows. Learn how to pack boxes for moving properly for a successful relocation.
- Bubble wrap – No matter how little time you have on your hands, wrapping your fragile items in the bubble wrap is a must. So, buy an entire roll of bubble wrap and protect your items from damage.
- Packing paper – Or simply use old newspaper. They are great for cushioning the top and the bottom parts of moving boxes. And also, they are great for providing another layer of protection.
- Markers and labels – You will also need permanent markers to label your moving boxes. Furthermore, you can download labels of all kinds from the Internet. Remember that only properly labeling the boxes can protect your items during the relocation.
Keep calm and pack for a move in a weekend
You will have an interesting weekend ahead of you, that is for sure. We highly suggest that you don`t start thinking about whether you will make it or not. Just pack your items as calmly as possible. There is no reason to hurry if you have at least some help. Make sure that you have a good sleep the night before, and you will finish everything. If you start thinking too much, it will only slow the process down. No matter what the reason is why you need to pack for a move in a weekend, focus on packing what is in front of you. Stressing out has not helped anybody ever, so this is not the time to start. Good luck!